who is an insurance broker
An insurance broker is a specialist in insurance and risk management. brokers are professionally trained to accurately assess risk and to help their customers choose a policy that adequately insures them.
What is the difference between an insurance broker and insurance agent?
The main difference between a broker and an agent has to do with whom they represent. An agent represents one or more insurance companies. A broker, on the other hand, represents the insurance buyer.
Why use a broker?
An insurance broker can save you time, money and worry. A broker can help you understand the cover you need, and can purchase that cover for you from the insurance market.
Often consumers and businesses will make a decision based purely on the lowest price – and that can backfire in the event of a claim if you find out you’re not adequately covered, or even not covered at all for the loss that occurred.
Whether it’s business, home or motor insurance, brokers provide advice and assistance to make sure you are properly protected. The advice is tailored to your needs.
Can your broker help you make a claim?
Yes. A broker will negotiate a settlement with the insurer on your behalf to swiftly get the best result for you, and to ensure your life gets back to normal as soon as possible.
What happens if I'm involved in an accident?
- Do not admit liability, inform Canopy Insurance Brokers immediately
- Take details of the other vehicle, the driver and insurance company involved
- Report the accident to the nearest police station immediately
- Take photographs of the accident scene, if possible
- Move to a safe place - ideally a police station
What are the documents that are required to be submitted for a Motor Insurance claim?
- Driving license
- Police Abstract
- Completed claim form
What is an excess?
An excess first amount of each claim borne by you based on sum insured.
What happens if I get windscreen damage?
There are two options:
- Have the windscreen replaced and send us a filled out claim form together ETR receipt and photographs of the damaged screen for reimbursement.
- Send us a claim form and obtain a letter of authority to replace the windscreen.
With our 26 years of experience we have the capacity and expertise to design tailor-made insurance programs that anticipate and address your pain points arising during claims