APA Group Life Umbrella
What is APA Umbrella Group Life?
- The APA Umbrella Group Life is a life policy that targets SME’s and individuals that would not ordinarily go for the traditional Group Life product which is normally based on annual salary
- This is a tailor made Scheme negotiated by Canopy Insurance Brokers Ltd with APA LIFE
- The policy term is one (1) year but renewable annually
APA Umbrella Group Life Benefits
|Death Benefits||Benefit payable to beneficiary(s) at the event of death of insured person, due to accident ,illness or natural causes|
|Permanent Total Disability|
|Critical Illness||Payment of 50% of the death benefit to cater for treatment for first time diagnosed critical illnesses. Examples|
of critical illnesses (Heart Attack, Stroke, Cancer, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Organ Transplant, Kidney
failure, Paraplegia or paralysis).
|Funeral Expense||Benefits paid to beneficiaries of a deceased member within 48 hours to cater for funeral arrangements/burial costs|
Benefits structure and premiums
Am I eligible for this cover?
- Death benefit - eligibility is between age 18 and 70 years, cover will cease at age 75 years
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) benefit - eligibility is between age 18 and 70 years, cover to cease at age 75 years
- Critical Illness benefit - cover ceases at 65 years
Is there a waiting period?
- The waiting period for death due to any illness is 3 months from the commencement date of the cover
- For critical illness, the waiting period is 3 months
- At renewal ,there will be no waiting period
What are the requirements to join the Umbrella Scheme?
- Completion of Individual Application Form and a Health Questionnaire
- Payment of premium APA Life Insurance Ltd
- Active participation in war (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, military or usurped power, riot, civil
commotion, violence or any act of terrorism.
- The Life Assured wilfully exposing himself to needless peril (except in a attempt to save human life) or the Life Assured committing
or attempting to commit suicide.
- The Life Assured being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs, narcotics and substances (except as prescribed by a
registered medical practitioner).
- Any intentional contravention of any criminal law, whether legislative or at common law, by the Life Assured, or with the Life
Assured’s permission or knowledge or by any person claiming any benefit under the Policy.
Group Life/Accident Insurance
This policy ensures specified benefits are paid to beneficiaries upon death of insured person whilst in service. Benefits can be fixed amounts or can be based on earnings of the persons covered.
Family Funeral Plan
Family Funeral Plan covers the funeral costs of the insured. Moreover, the policy may also cover related expenses
With our 26 years of experience we have the capacity and expertise to design tailor-made insurance programs that anticipate and address your pain points arising during claims